If you're a journalist requiring information or interviews about Hedd, please make any enquiries through the Prospects Press Office.
Questions regarding degree verification enquiries made via the Hedd website
Report a bogus institution or an instance of degree fraud
If you want to report a bogus institution or an instance of degree fraud you can use the contact form at the bottom of this page or call the Fraud Team on 020 8148 2400. Please be aware that the Fraud Team are unable to help with degree verification enquiries. Calls to this number will be charged at 2 pence per minute, plus your operator's access charge).
Here is a short summary of how the personal information you submit will be held and used:
- Your personal information will be used to look into and raise awareness of bogus institutions and degree fraud;
- The Office for Students and Jisc Commercial Ltd are joint controllers in relation to the personal information that you submit;
- The legal basis for processing your personal information is performance of a public task;
- It will be stored on secure servers within the United Kingdom;
- The Office for Students and Jisc Commercial Ltd may share your personal data between them where this is necessary for the purposes of looking into and raising awareness of bogus institutions and degree fraud;
- Your personal data will not be routinely shared with any other organisations, although in some cases your details may be shared with enforcement agencies;
- You have certain rights in relation to your personal information, set out in our privacy notice;
- You may contact our Data Protection Officer (email@example.com) with any queries or concerns you have about the use of your personal information.
Please read our full privacy notice for further details of how we process your personal data, our responsibilities as joint controllers, and your rights.